WHAT IS STORY STRUCTURE?
Ready for the secret to story structure? Here it is. Every story you tell must have a clear BEGINNING, MIDDLE, and END.
I know. that sounds insultingly obvious. Truth is, it’s no more obvious than “what you focus on expands,” or “you’ve got to give to get.” And, like those often repeated phrases that may seem like cliches, the concept of beginning, middle, and end widely misunderstood, unclear, or not practiced at all.
The proper application of beginning, middle, and end in your business storytelling (the persuasive communication of your brand message) can take your company and brand from invisibility to world class recognition.
This episode clarifies the intention or purpose of each section of your business story that collectively take your prospective clients and customers on a transformation journey that gets them excited to do business with you.
These are the three specific intentions of a strong story structure:
- BEGINNING – to engage your audience immediately, introduce your story’s character and biggest problem, and your promise to solve that problem
- MIDDLE – to embark on the character’s journey toward a solution, overcome a series of obstacle, and discover the solution (your product or service)
- END – to rapidly move toward a resolution, and paint a vivid picture of what your character’s life will after saying yes to your offer
You will also learn:
- The magic and power of the number 3 and how to use it to your advantage
- How to heighten your awareness of the 3 in your life, in nature, and the universe
- How listening to a piece of music can help you become a persuasive storyteller
Finally, you will find out what you can expect from the episode on storytelling that will follow this one.