This episode reviews and pulls together all of the storytelling secrets you learned about in this podcast.
I call them storytelling secrets because so many people don’t use them when they communicate and sell.
You’ll learn the important elements of all great stories firsthand when you listen to this episode. You will experience them in action.
You will hear the riveting opening paragraphs of a compelling life-changing book, Why You’re Dumb, Sick & Broke…And How to Get Smart, healthy & Rich, by Randy Gage.
You can also enjoy Randy’s inspiring story by listening to episode 164 of this podcast, the episode called You Are Your Story.
Randy draws you into the rich world of his book by masterfully using these storytelling elements or techniques:
- Hook – His first sentence grabs your attention 100%.
- Show, Don’t Tell – Randy doesn’t lecture you; he involves you in a suspenseful story.
- Vivid Language – Randy uses language of the senses to paint a vivid picture and arouse your emotions.
- Specificity – His story is crystal clear because all the details are specific.
- Cliffhangers – You will love the way Randy builds suspense with his cliffhanger sentences.
Can you use these same techniques to deliver a presentation or other sales message if you are selling protein shakes, umbrellas, pet shampoo…?
Yes! You can create a compelling story to deliver a message and sell absolutely anything – if you do these two things first:
- Clearly identify your audience
- Define your core message
You’ll discover a fun game you can play to master these storytelling secrets at the end of this episode.
BOOK IN THIS PODCAST