Mike Veny has creativity, empathy, humor, and mental strength. He helps people find hope and meaning. That’s what he does and who he is today.
Mike had to fight to become who he is. He had to dramatically change the story that the world was writing for him. The world labelled him mentally ill at an early age.
Mike’s battle against and victory over a soul destroying self image have given him the power to enrich other people’s lives and help them discover their own mental strength.
This interview with Mike Veny, one of America’s leading mental health speakers, offers you a treasure chest of self empowerment and transformation.
Here are some of the gems you’ll discover as Mike’s shares moments and insights of his personal growth journey:
- How a mental breakdown was the beginning of a major breakthrough
- The why and what of the big stigma around mental health challenges
- What’s behind the stigma cycle
- How to protect yourself against the law of the tribe
- How to become a mental wellness superhero
- The power of intention to connect with others
- Why mentors and personal development are vital to your wellbeing
- Why reading should never be optional
- How drumming can empower you
- How to stop suffering in silence
- And, yes, much, much more…
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey (Mike’s favorite book)
Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World by Peter H. Diamandis and Steven Kotler
The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell
The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth: Live Then and Reach Your Potential by John C. Maxwell
MIKE’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” – Vince Lombardi
YOUR STORYTELLING MASTERY
Listen to How To Tell Stories – Part 1. It is you first step on an exciting journey toward your storytelling mastery.
This introductory episode tells you exactly what to expect from my weekly podcast series on the art of storytelling. This first installment is my promise to you.
I will hold nothing back in this series. I will share everything I’ve learned through about storytelling through decades of experience.
You will learn powerful real world storytelling techniques that will transform you into a clear, confident, compelling communicator – if you apply them.
These storytelling skills will enrich you personal life, and they can explode your business. This is not a course in storytelling from the ivory tower of academia.
I will share the skills and secrets that I learned as an actor on stages around the world, in front of the camera in Hollywood movies and TV films, in the many classrooms where I taught acting, directing, and dramatic literature, and in my high profit communication seminars that I delivered to successful business people.
This is not fluff and theory. This is the stuff that great speakers, motivators, salespeople, and leaders are made of.
Enjoy the journey. Revel in your growth and expertise.
Let the story begin.
YOUR DREAM LIFE
This is a no nonsense podcast episode about the simple daily habits that will propel you toward the life of your dreams.
Our guest is Denise Walsh who has been on Change Your Story, Change Your life once before. She has just created the Dream Life Daily Journal; it may be just what you need to rock your world as we approach a new year.
Even if you never get Denise’s Dream Life Daily Journal, you will discover many empowering gems in today’s show. here are just a few:
- The awesome power of a very short daily ritual
- The magic of shifting your thoughts and actions just 1%
- How to be your life’s puppet master every single day
- How to hit new highs even if you are already successful
- Why setting intentions to create your day should not be optional
- The science behind intentions
- How habits work
- Learning to always expect the best to happen
- The powerful difference between emotions and feelings
- Why no one can ever hurt you again
- Secrets of great actors that you can transform you life immediately
- The enriching power of gratitude and meditation
You will also learn how to conquer overwhelm and many other important life hacks.
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
High Performance Habits by Brendon Burchard – FREE COPY
The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
YOUR DREAM LIFE RESOURCES
www.DreamLifeToolkit.com – Two FREE GIFTS from Denise
Define Your Life – my first interview with Denise Walsh
Are you living a puppet story? How do you know if you are?
One way is answer the question, “What is the difference between my emotions and my feelings?”
Seems like a trick question. But, it’s not. This podcast episode has the power to free you from the whims of your emotions.
Listen to it to discover the liberating answer to my puzzling question.
You’ll gain another powerful resource to create and live your own life by design.
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
High Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Become That Way by Brendon Burchard. (FREE COPY)
YOUR LIFE SHIFT
What do the words, you life shift, mean? In this podcast episode they mean the decisions and actions that will take you from where you are now to where you want to be in your life.
Of course, none of this applies to you if you are exactly where you want to be. In that case, listen to a different podcast.
The truth is that we are living in an age of tumultuous change, uncertainty, and confusion. In this environment, many people globally are actively seeking a better way to live. If you are one of them, today’s podcast is for you.
Our guest is John Hinkle, a man who made a major shift in his own life when the foundation for his success in the corporate world began to fall apart. John did some deep soul searching, created his own new path to success, then reinvented himself as a coach and mentor who helps others transform their lives and identities. He also wrote an inspiring book on the subject called, SHIFT: Moving From Where You Are to the Life You Want.
Here are some of the inspiring highlights John’s story:
- What it means to be a “someday person”
- What life feels like in the corporate spin zone
- Why the majority of people are not financially prepared to retire
- The 3 things that compelled John to shift
- The danger of making excuses for staying stuck
- The power of making a firm decision
- Learning to begin with the end in mind
- Choosing your own board of directors
- The proven 5 Shift Principles
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
The Holy Bible
SHIFT: Moving From Where You Are to the Life You Want by John Hinkle & Russell Lake
The Magician’s Way: What It Really Takes to Find Your Treasure by William Whitecloud
Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World by Peter H. Diamandis & Stephen Kotler
The Power of Moments: Why Certain Experiences Have Extraordinary Impact by Chip Heath & Dan Heath
JOHNS FAVORITE QUOTE
“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do.” – Amelia Earhart
www.ShiftPrinciples.com/Change – FREE GIFT for You