This episode is about a scary story that isn’t scary at all. In fact, it’s an exciting story if you choose to see what it’s really about.
First, an important reminder. Tyrion Lannister, at the finale of Game of Thrones, says that people are not united by armies, gold, or flags. They are united by stories, and that there is nothing more powerful than a good story.
The people who laugh at that statement don’t get how profound it is. Tyrion is saying that all of life is a magnificent story. Civilizations are built on stories. Think of the Bible, the Koran, and the Talmud.
You will learn about three brilliant authors, all critical thinkers, who passionately articulate the message that the world we perceive with our senses is a made-up story, it’s an illusion that veils a powerful limitless reality behind it. These three people of higher consciousness are:
- Bruce Lipton, a biologist who wrote The Biology of Belief. The book scientifically explodes the idea that we are controlled by our DNA. Lipton persuasively argues that our belief about DNA as an immutable force in our lives is a story.
- Gregg Braden, a former senior computer systems designer and best selling author. His latest book is Human by Design: From Evolution by Chance to Transformation by Choice. This book shatters our paradigms about the world, reality, and ourselves. it reveals that we are bathed in a field of intelligent energy. Even more exciting, or scary, depending how you look at it, is the idea that the field responds to us and rearranges itself in the presence of our heart based feelings and beliefs.
- Lynne McTaggart, a former hard-nosed investigative journalist, a woman who got close to the dark underbelly of life. She made a life changing discovery that led to her book, The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe. Her book echoes Bruce Lipton and Gregg Braden. She writes that the human mind and body are not separate from their environment; the are part of a pulsating power that constantly interacts with the vast energy sea around them. She believes that consciousness may be central in shaping our world.
Why do I call this episode Scary Story? Because this inspiring vision shared by these three brilliant people and many others undermines the foundation of deeply rooted beliefs that make us feel safe in the world. When we muster the courage to embrace this vision we gain enormous power and great responsibility.
I encourage you to take on the challenge that can transform your life and allow you to manifest and live your dreams.
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
The Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton
Human by Design by Gregg Braden
The Field by Lynne McTaggart
QUOTE IN THIS PODCAST
“Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? Your playing small does not serve the world. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” – Marianne Wiliamson
This episode is an interview with Jennifer Leigh, a woman who refused to be defined by anyone’s standards but her own.
Her journey of self-determination will inspire you fully own yourself.
Jennifer is a successful crisis management and social strategy consultant who works with companies and people to help them through growth and change. She earned the right to do what she does by creating a new life when her marriage and business fell apart. She picked up the pieces and launched Graceful and Gumption, her current company that empowers others.
Here are just a few of the empowering gems you’ll discover in this episode:
- How Jennifer became the compassionate “pitbull in a dress”
- A positive spin on being high maintenance
- The important difference between alpha feminine and alpha masculine
- Insight – we teach people how to treat us
- The growth secrets Jennifer learned by working in palliative care
- How Jennifer learned to heal and remain true to herself
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks (Jennifer’s favorite)
Every Breath by Nicholas Sparks
JENNIFER’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato
GAME OF THRONES
What secrets can you learn from Game of Thrones? More than you can imagine.
This episode reveals some fascinating gems in the finale of the epic series, Game of Thrones. There are powerful lessons in the show about life, power, and storytelling.
First, we must answer the question, “Who won the Game of Thrones?” We know that Bran the Broken was named emperor of six kingdoms. Many audience members were shocked and appalled by this choice.
But, did Bran really win the throne? I don’t think so. I believe that true leader and winner of the game is Tyrion Lannister. The last episode demonstrates this beautifully. And, it is perfect.
Tyrion is the only character fit to rule. Here’s why:
- Compassion – Tyrion is a deeply compassionate person. He genuinely cares about people.
- Intelligence – No one in the seven kingdoms is smarter than Tyrion Lannister.
- Diplomacy – Tyrion has proven himself as the ultimate diplomatic negotiator throughout all eight seasons o Game of Thrones.
- Violence – Though not essentially a cruel person, Tyrion will use violence if it is his only option to survive or serve the common good.
The events of the finale that point clearly to Tyrion’s victory:
- Tyrion is condemned to death for treason.
- Tyrion persuades John Snow to betray Daenerys Targaryen, the dragon queen.
- Tyrion talks his way out of execution
- Tyrion persuades a ruling council to appoint Bran the Broken emperor
- Bran appoints Tyrion his Hand
Those five events are crucial steps in Tyrion’s deft maneuvers to claim the empire’s true power. Bran will serve as figurehead king. Tyrion will pull the strings behind the scenes as his advisor.
POWER OF STORY
One of the most profound and brilliant insights in the episode is revealed in the monet when Tyrion explains why Bran is the perfect choice as emperor. Tyrion says that the true power of nations is not in gold or flags. It is in stories. Nothing is more powerful than a great story.
Bran’s story has mythological qualities. He began as a mere mortal boy who survived a fall from a great height that should have killed him. Then, he developed prophetic powers. That story makes him more than human.
Tyrion knows that people don’t follow leaders. They follow the story in their heads about those leaders. Civilizations are built and destroyed based on stories. Think of the Bible and the Koran.
Tyrion has mastered the psychology of leadership. He knows that his own story will not inspire people, but Bran’s story will. He also knows that he can have a powerful influence on Bran’s thoughts and actions.
Tyrion rules! As he should.
BOOK FOR THIS PODCAST
The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
The Game by Neil Strauss
This 200th episode of Change Your Story, Change Your Life looks at the stories behind our beliefs about money.
It explores some facts and myths that may affect your life in ways your never thought about. You’ll learn:
- The fascinating link that unites these three things – sewing machines, cars, and hamburgers
- A brief history of franchises
- The powerful difference between linear and residual or exponential income
- Why exponential income is so attractive and so scary
limiting beliefs, Sylvester
Listen in for a surprising, thought provoking, entertaining ride.
This episode is about human evolution. It’s about digital technology. It’s about disruption. It’s the story of the singularity.
What is the singularity? It’s that moment in time when AI exceeds human intelligence and man merges with the machine.
Sounds like a sci-fi horror story? To some. To others, like Ray Kurzweil, author of The Singularity is Near, it’s a step in human development that takes us closer to genius and immortality.
I do not try to impose a point of view on you in this podcast. I do want you to open your mind to the dramatic changes that are happening and will continue to happen to your world as digital technology advances.
You will learn fascinating things about the latest developments in:
- Manufacturing with 3D Printing
- Construction – homes can be 3D printed in a few days
- Transportation – the emergence of driverless vehicles
- Retail – it will slowly disappear as more people shop online
- Longevity – the ability to live longer, and, perhaps, forever
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
The Singularity is Near by Ray Kurzweil
Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World by Peter H. Diamandis and Steven Kotler