A sweet spot in golf is the perfect place to hit the ball. You know you’ve hit the sweet spot when you hear that addictive “crack” sound the driver makes as it connects and sends the ball on a victorious flight toward the green.
That kind of golf shot is addictive because you, your club, and your ball become one, and you feel the thrill of excellence in your body.
Today’s podcast guest is a golf pro, Cindy Miller. She understands how golf is a perfect metaphor for life. She not only teaches golf; she also teaches people how to master their inner game, become more confident, and step into their leadership.
You don’t have to play golf or even like it to enjoy today’s show. You will be entertained, challenged, and inspired by Cindy’s story. It will make you want to reach for your personal best in life and business.
Here are a few of the valuable things you’ll learn from Cindy Miller:
- How the only thing between you and success is the voice in your head
- How being the fat kid that school kids laughed at led to Cindy’s great success
- How Cindy buried her dream to be a professional golfer and then revived it
- How you can change your life by asking the question, “Why not me?”
- How golf can teach you how to forgive and know yourself
You’ll also gain some game changing insights into the relationship between golf and your life. Here’s a glimpse at some:
- Golf teaches you how to overcome any obstacle
- Golf trains you to appreciate solitude
- Golf leads you to consistent self reliance
- The power of accountability in golf and life
Cindy offers a powerful resource to everyone in this episode. She calls it the It Box. The 3 things in the It Box will help you discover and choose you are great at. The 3 things are:
- The pain (Cindy calls it a nail) that can make you find your WHY
- The mirror that shows you who you are
- seed that makes you take action toward meaningful change
CINDY’S FAVORITE BOOK
The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson
CINDY’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“It’s never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
DARKNESS INTO LIGHT
Marianne Williamson, author of A Return to Love:Reflections on the Principles of “A Course in Miracles,” said, “It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.”
Today’s guest is a woman whose life supports Williamson’s words. Her name is Kerri Hummingbird, and her story is an inspiring example of a person’s journey from darkness into light.
She is the author of two books, a spiritual guide, and a healer. She is also the host of the Soul Nectar podcast.
Our interview pulls back the curtain on the things that hold us back in life. And, it reveals the choices we can make to change our story and step into the light.
These are some of the fascinating things you’ll hear about as you follow Kerri’s compelling story:
- How she stepped into leadership in order to survive
- The events that led to her courageous choice to end a soul destroying marriage
- A vision of being at the end of her rope that forced her to change
Kerri also shares these empowering insights and beliefs:
- You will discover your worthiness when you stop looking outside of yourself
- Self empowerment lives on the other side of shame and blame
- Each of you has a powerful unique gift that Kerri calls your thumbprint suit
- Responsible use of plant medicine can lead to deep self discovery
- The role of White Eagle, kerri’s spiritual guide who helps her to help others
In a nutshell, this interview is an authentic exploration of awakening to your higher self. It will help you tap into your power to grow and change.
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
Awakening to Me: One Woman’s Journey to Self Love by Kerri Hummingbird
The Second Wave: Transcending the Human Drama by kerri Hummingbird
The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
KERRI’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“No problem can be solved by the same level of consciousness that created it.” – attributed to Albert Einstein
YOUR FREE GIFT