YOUR LIFE SHIFT
What do the words, you life shift, mean? In this podcast episode they mean the decisions and actions that will take you from where you are now to where you want to be in your life.
Of course, none of this applies to you if you are exactly where you want to be. In that case, listen to a different podcast.
The truth is that we are living in an age of tumultuous change, uncertainty, and confusion. In this environment, many people globally are actively seeking a better way to live. If you are one of them, today’s podcast is for you.
Our guest is John Hinkle, a man who made a major shift in his own life when the foundation for his success in the corporate world began to fall apart. John did some deep soul searching, created his own new path to success, then reinvented himself as a coach and mentor who helps others transform their lives and identities. He also wrote an inspiring book on the subject called, SHIFT: Moving From Where You Are to the Life You Want.
Here are some of the inspiring highlights John’s story:
- What it means to be a “someday person”
- What life feels like in the corporate spin zone
- Why the majority of people are not financially prepared to retire
- The 3 things that compelled John to shift
- The danger of making excuses for staying stuck
- The power of making a firm decision
- Learning to begin with the end in mind
- Choosing your own board of directors
- The proven 5 Shift Principles
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
The Holy Bible
SHIFT: Moving From Where You Are to the Life You Want by John Hinkle & Russell Lake
The Magician’s Way: What It Really Takes to Find Your Treasure by William Whitecloud
Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World by Peter H. Diamandis & Stephen Kotler
The Power of Moments: Why Certain Experiences Have Extraordinary Impact by Chip Heath & Dan Heath
JOHNS FAVORITE QUOTE
“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do.” – Amelia Earhart
www.ShiftPrinciples.com/Change – FREE GIFT for You
Comedy is serious business. It takes courage, imagination, and true grit to make your living as a standup comic.
Kathy Klotz-Guest is a professional comedian. She knows how to laugh it up and how to make others laugh as she goes through life.
Have you ever wondered what kind of person becomes a comic? What makes her tick? What’s the secret to her ability to touch your funny-bone again and again? You’ll get those questions answered, you’ll be entertained, inspired, and, you may learn a few valuable things when you listen to my interview with Kathy.
Here are a few of the empowering highlights in this episode:
- How to make failure your friend
- The value and the power of reframing painful experiences
- The importance of storytelling in life and business
- Improvisation for business people
- Comedy as weaponized social consciousness
- What it means to own your life
- Comedians who inspire Kathy
- How to find and own your unique sense of humor
- The healing power of laughter
- The role of comedy in today’s world
- Much much more…
KATHY’S FAVORITE BOOK
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
KATHY’S FAVORITE QUOTES
“Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.” – Will Rogers
“People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
MEET THE HOLLYWOOD INSIDER
Hollywood is more than a place. It’s a story. Actually, it’s many stories, as many as we can make up in our heads.
Simply put, Hollywood means something different to everyone. Your story depends on whether you live there, you like or loathe celebrity, are outgoing or shy, religious or secular. No two people see the same Hollywood.
Today’s guest, Harry Lowell, is a man who lives and breathes Hollywood. Not the Hollywood of glitz and glamor, but the Hollywood of creative expression, the Hollywood of storytelling.
Harry knew he wanted to tell the kind of stories that live on a screen when he was a kid. Luckily, for him and for us, he never lost his childlike curiosity, excitement, and passion for the world of storytelling.
You will find his story refreshing, inspiring, and revealing about what matters in life and business, about the things that make you feel alive and keep you true to yourself.
Here are some of the highlights of today’s episode:
- Powerful life lessons from Harry Lowell’s dad
- The importance of mentorship
- The ego’s role in your success or failure
- Why you must master your relationship to time
- The real power of teamwork
- How to successfully pitch anything to anyone
- The biggest obstacle to your success
- Powerful branding tips
- Harry’s biggest mistake
- Harry’s greatest achievement
- What it means to be the “eye of the storm”
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
A Penguin Story by Antoinette Portis (Harry’s favorite book)
Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss
Chicago: A Novel by David Mamet
HARRY’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – attributed to Wayne Gretsky, Michael Jordan…others? – Hey, somebody said it.
Instagram – @goodproducer
FINDING HUMAN CONNECTION
The Internet has connected the entire planet. So why is human connection at an all time low in this age of digital connectivity?
Today’s guest discovered an answer and a solution to the problem. He did it through his own painful experiences. He is a millennial named Gordie Bufton.
Gordie shares his discoveries in his two books, The Connection Effect: An Entrepreneurs’s Playbook to Unlocking the Present Moment, and Eluding Reality: A Memoir About Drugs, Psych Wards, and Recovery.
This episode is for people who have lost direction and are ready to put their lives back on track toward happiness and success. It is also for highly successful entrepreneurs who want more success without compromising their quality of life.
These are few of the things you will learn from my conversation with Gordie:
- How the technology that serves you is also robbing your sense of human connection
- The power you gain when you need guidance and you reach out for help
- Why environment is stronger than willpower
- How to simplify your life and dramatically increase your focus
- The meaning of Silent Sunday and how it can reboot and renew you
- How to conquer information overwhelm
- Your life resume vs.your work resume
- How to be a master of technology instead of its slave
BOOKS IN THIS POCAST
Eluding Reality: A Memoir About Drugs, Psych Wards, and Recovery by Gordie Bufton
The Slight Edge: Secret to a Successful Life by Jeff Olson – Gordie’s favorite book
The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
The Seven Secrets to Living in Harmony: A Guide to Freeing YOU to Create YOUR Life by Gregory Reece Smith
GORDIE’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“Be the change you want to be in the world.” – Ghandi
EMBRACE ALL CHALLENGES
You can run from challenges, or make friends with them. Choose the latter, and you will create your reality. Actually, you always create your reality. When you embrace all challenges, you create the reality you want.
That’s the theme that runs throughout this podcast. It is the theme of Eddie Lorin’s life. Eddie is our featured guest today. He is the creator of a real estate investment trust that allows everyone, yes everyone, to invest profitably in real estate. A person can begin their investment journey with as little as $1,000.
Eddie champions the underdog. Orphaned at seventeen, Eddie achieved success and fulfillment with grit, hard work, and a winner’s mindset. Now, he is passionate about empowering others who want to improve their lives.
You will discover many powerful life lessons and rich nuggets in this podcast. Here are just a few:
- A message of hope and forgiveness from a holocaust survivor
- The power of the Serenity Prayer
- The rich meaning of Impact Investing
- How to create wealth through contribution
- How to develop an abundance mindset
- How to turn blight into light
- Luxurious living on a budget
- Slashing taxes with Opportunity Zones
- Why you should be thankful for what you don’t have
In a nutshell, this conversation with Eddie Lorin is all about self-empowerment. You’ll hear it in Eddie’s words; you’ll feel strongly in his passionate energy; you’ll learn it from our spontaneous dialogue.
Listen to Eddie Lorin’s story if you would love to turn any mountain into a molehill.
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie
Radical Forgiveness by Colin Tipping
The Obstacle Is the Way by Ryan Holiday
EDDIE’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“There is never a good time to do a bad deal or a bad time to do a good deal.” – Somebody