Mike Veny has creativity, empathy, humor, and mental strength. He helps people find hope and meaning. That’s what he does and who he is today.
Mike had to fight to become who he is. He had to dramatically change the story that the world was writing for him. The world labelled him mentally ill at an early age.
Mike’s battle against and victory over a soul destroying self image have given him the power to enrich other people’s lives and help them discover their own mental strength.
This interview with Mike Veny, one of America’s leading mental health speakers, offers you a treasure chest of self empowerment and transformation.
Here are some of the gems you’ll discover as Mike’s shares moments and insights of his personal growth journey:
- How a mental breakdown was the beginning of a major breakthrough
- The why and what of the big stigma around mental health challenges
- What’s behind the stigma cycle
- How to protect yourself against the law of the tribe
- How to become a mental wellness superhero
- The power of intention to connect with others
- Why mentors and personal development are vital to your wellbeing
- Why reading should never be optional
- How drumming can empower you
- How to stop suffering in silence
- And, yes, much, much more…
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey (Mike’s favorite book)
Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World by Peter H. Diamandis and Steven Kotler
The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell
The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth: Live Then and Reach Your Potential by John C. Maxwell
MIKE’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” – Vince Lombardi
GOT THE SUGAR BLUES?
Many people have a sweet tooth. Maybe you do. It seems innocent, You might even smile when you say, “I have a sweet tooth.”
The truth is that sugar, the white powder that men, women, and children love, is an addictive drug. Some argue that it’s right up there with cocaine.
Today’s podcast guest, Thom King, experienced the destructive power of sugar firsthand. One day, when he looked in the mirror, he decided that enough was enough. That’s when he became the Guy Gone Keto.
You will learn many eyeopening and empowering things from Thom’s story. Here are just a few:
- What is ketosis, and why you want to achieve it
- The nasty truth about sugar
- Why fats are your friends
- How society promotes addiction
- Why those whole grains may not be so healthy
- How to leverage your pain to achieve freedom and happiness
- The health benefits of a cerebral flush
- How to conquer the obesity epidemic
- Much, much more…
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
Guy Gone Keto by Thom King
The Daily Stoic by Ryan Holiday & Stephen Hanselman
Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink & Leif Babin
Sugar Blues by William Duffy
Radical Forgiveness by Colin Tipping
THOM’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“May the bridges I burn light the way.” – Dylan Mckay – Beverly Hills 90210 (the original)
FINDING HUMAN CONNECTION
The Internet has connected the entire planet. So why is human connection at an all time low in this age of digital connectivity?
Today’s guest discovered an answer and a solution to the problem. He did it through his own painful experiences. He is a millennial named Gordie Bufton.
Gordie shares his discoveries in his two books, The Connection Effect: An Entrepreneurs’s Playbook to Unlocking the Present Moment, and Eluding Reality: A Memoir About Drugs, Psych Wards, and Recovery.
This episode is for people who have lost direction and are ready to put their lives back on track toward happiness and success. It is also for highly successful entrepreneurs who want more success without compromising their quality of life.
These are few of the things you will learn from my conversation with Gordie:
- How the technology that serves you is also robbing your sense of human connection
- The power you gain when you need guidance and you reach out for help
- Why environment is stronger than willpower
- How to simplify your life and dramatically increase your focus
- The meaning of Silent Sunday and how it can reboot and renew you
- How to conquer information overwhelm
- Your life resume vs.your work resume
- How to be a master of technology instead of its slave
BOOKS IN THIS POCAST
Eluding Reality: A Memoir About Drugs, Psych Wards, and Recovery by Gordie Bufton
The Slight Edge: Secret to a Successful Life by Jeff Olson – Gordie’s favorite book
The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
The Seven Secrets to Living in Harmony: A Guide to Freeing YOU to Create YOUR Life by Gregory Reece Smith
GORDIE’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“Be the change you want to be in the world.” – Ghandi
LIVE PAIN FREE
There is a cure for chronic pain and today’s podcast guest, Nicole Sachs, swears by it. Nichole Sachs is more than just a therapist. She is a mother, a partner, a really good friend, a saver and a fixer. She offers a course entitled Freedom From Chronic Pain, which will teach you a lifestyle that can keep you out of chronic pain for the rest of your life.
She believes that ‘the pain is not in your head. But the solution is not in your body.’ The power of your mind is actually so strong that it plays a crucial role in your quest to heal yourself. When you believe you can heal, then chances are high that you actually will! You just have to take that big step forward.
Look beyond the pain and live a life of truth. Let go. As Nicole says, The life you save is your own.
You will discover many powerful life lessons and rich nuggets in this podcast. Here are just a few:
- Relationship between bodily pain and the mind
- Common examples of chronic pain
- How Nicole’s mentor shaped her future
- Why people tend to put others on a pedestal
- A message of hope to someone who thinks he/she has nothing to offer to this world
- Is today’s humanity at a dawn of a new age?
QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE
“Life is really a combination of mind, body, and spirit.”
“Life is a behavior modification program. You cannot think your way into better feelings. You must act your way to better feelings.”
“The pain is not in your head. But the solution is not in your body.”
“Chronic pain is not a really an epidemic of pain. It’s an epidemic of fear.”
“Mindfulness is becoming a word that is in the common vernacular now.”
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
The Meaning of Truth: Embrace Your Truth, Create Your Life by Nicole J. Sachs
Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed
The Great Pain Deception by Steven Ozanich
NICOLE’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” – Mark Twain
LINKS AND RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE
Freedom from Chronic Pain Course with Nicole Sachs
The Cure For Chronic Pain with Nicole J. Sachs, LCSW YouTube Channel
JournalSpeak with Nicole Sachs, LCSW
The Official Site of John E. Sarno M.D.
Les Brown’s YouTube Channel