YOU ARE YOUR STORY
You don’t have to believe that you are your story. But, why wouldn’t you choose to believe it?
If you don’t like your current life, and you choose to say, “That’s the way it is. That’s reality, and I must accept it,” you will be right.
You won’t be right because it is an objective truth. You will be right because the words you say to yourself write the story that becomes your reality.
If you want to find intellectual arguments that debunk what I’m saying, you’ll find them.
I’m not interested in those arguments; I’m interested in the experiences of human beings whose lives offer irrefutable proof that your self talk define your beliefs, and your beliefs create your reality.
One of those human beings is today’s podcast guest. The trajectory of his life is one of the most brilliant demonstrations of the statement that you are your story.
Our guest is Randy Gage, an internationally respected and recognized prosperity mentor, an author who has written eleven books that have been translated into twenty-five languages, and a member of the Speakers Hall of Fame who has spoken to more than 2 million people across more than 50 countries.
Did I mention that he also loves to play softball?
It’s important to mention that Randy Gage is a multi-millionaire and a millionaire maker. His friends and business associates include some of the world’s most powerful people of influence. I’m not writing this to impress you. I want to impress upon you that Randy Gage should not “realistically” be the mega success that he is today. You’ll hear him say so in this podcast.
Many of Randy’s early life circumstances would paint a picture of a man headed for a life of crime and/or dereliction.
He was a teenage alcoholic and crystal meth addict. He was a thief who spent his sixteenth birthday in a jail cell waiting for trial on an armed robbery charge. He is a brilliant, articulate, high school droput.
In his early adulthood, he failed to pay taxes on his restaurant business, and the IRS seized and sold his restaurant.
He almost bled to death from a gunshot wound in his stomach.
You’ll be inspired and even transformed (if your mind and heart are open) by the abundant blessed life Randy Gage created in spite of those devastating circumstances by intentionally changing his mindset.
RANDY REWRITES HIS STORY
- Chapter 1 – Baxter Richardson, a teacher and dad to one of Randy’s friends, visits him in jail.
- Chapter 2-Baxter offers Randy this new story: “You don’t belong here. You’re capable of doing great things.”
- Chapter 3- Randy embraces Baxter’s story even though he doesn’t believe it yet.
- Chapter 4 – Randy tries his new story on for size and slowly live into it.
RANDY DISCOVERS PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Randy joins Amway.
- Amway introduces him to thought leaders like Wayne Dyer (you’ll belly laugh when you hear this story in the podcast).
- Randy learns to fail forward until he becomes a top earning network marketer.
- Randy becomes a world renowned network marketing trainer.
- Randy evolves into a critical thinker and world famous prosperity coach.
THE POWER OF LANGUAGE
Language is a living energy force. That’s why all my guests and I are passionate about books and reading.
Randy Gage gives you a life-changing gift in this episode when he reveals how the novel, Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand sparked his greatness, his genius, his creativity, and his ability to create enormous wealth.
You will also discover other gems in this podcast episode, gems that will empower you to believe that you are your story and give you the desire and confidence to rewrite it. Here are just a few:
- The entertaining intoxicating power of comedy
- How to switch from a problem mindset to a possibility mindset
- Memes – what they are, and how to protect yourself from them
- How to turn your ideas into innovations
- The challenges and opportunities of the age of chaos
- What education should look like in the future
- The awesome power of the two words, “What if.”
- Why this is the age of the artist/entrepreneur
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
Mad Genius by Randy Gage
Risky is the New Safe by Randy Gage
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins
Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World by Peter H. Diamandis & Steven Kotler
The Singularity is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology by Ray Kurzweil
RANDY’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“Be like water.” – Bruce Lee
ARE YOU DELUSIONAL?
You’ve probably heard the expression, words are weapons. But I’ll bet you don’t know just how dangerous they can be. It’s not because you’re dumb. It’s because you and I use words all the time. So, we take them for granted.
This episode challenges your perception of one particular word that can be very dangerous. It can and does control most people’s behavior. How? It scares people to be labeled with this word, and they will go out of their way to avoid it.
The word is DELUSIONAL. The last thing most people want to hear is the question, “Are you delusional?”
Let’s look at how the dictionary defines delusional: 1) characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder: hospitalization for schizophrenia and delusional paranoia | he was diagnosed with a delusional disorder. 2) based on or having faulty judgment; mistaken: their delusional belief in the project’s merits never wavers | I think the guy is being a bit delusional here.
Who wouldn’t want to avoid a label like that? I’ll tell you who. Exceptionally successful high achieving individuals. Huh? That’s right. I’m not making this up.
Here excerpts from an internationally recognized sales and marketing expert. He’s also a member of the National Speakers Association and Authors Guild. His name is Mark Tewart. He writes in his book, How to Be a Sales Superstar: Break All the Rules and Succeed While Doing It:
- You are who you decide to be at any given moment.
- Who you believe you are, is who you will become.
- Sales superstars create power in a belief system that supports their eventual triumph, no matter what temporary setbacks they might encounter.
- You must become what most people would describe as “delusional.”
- A delusional mindset, contrary to popular belief, can be an absolutely healthy attribute in your progression toward your goals.
Does Mark Tewart practice what he preaches? Here is what he says about himself: “I believe that I am delusional in my mindset, but my delusion creates my reality.”
I love Mark’s book. I think you should buy it yesterday. On page 33, he has this heading:
Let Your Fantasy Be Your Reality
Right beneath it, is a wonderful quote from a Zen Buddhist teacher, Shunryu Suzuki: “In the mind of the beginner there are many possibilities and in the mind of the expert there are few.”
That doesn’t mean you should not be an expert. It means, don’t let your immense knowledge close your mind to learning and growth.
You’ll also hear a quote about the awesome power fo reading in this episode from multimillionaire sales trainer, Grant Cardone.
This is the final episode of Change Your Story, Change Your Life in 2018 (unless I get a last minute inspiration). It’s my wish that you receive what you hear in Are You Delusional with a totally open mind. Then, take one or two simple actions that will transform and enrich your life and business in 2019.
Thank you for being a loyal listener. I look forward to serving well in the new year.
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
Sell of Be Sold by Grant Cardone
The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone
Turn the Page: How to Read Like a Top Leader by Chris Brady
SIX WOMEN IN ONE
Who are you? Do you really know? Are you the same person all the time? Or, do you do an identity switch depending on the circumstances or the people you are with?
Don’t worry. If you answered yes to the identity switch question, that’s a good thing. Unless of course, you’re not aware of it, or you do it to manipulate and fool people. That kind of identity switch is not healthy or ethical.
Meet Madelyn Wilkinson, today’s smart, funny, passionate, compassionate podcast guest. She’s a master of the identity switch. In her case, it means that she is evolving, self-aware, and not afraid of change. In other words, she is always growing and intensely alive.
Madelyn has identified and nurtured six personality traits in herself that have developed into independent characters or personas. Each one shows up when it is most appropriate for her to show up.
This episode is an excellent and unique example of “changing your story.”
You may be thinking that we all act differently in different situations. Most of us do. But Madelyn takes the identity switch a step further. Her different personas have different wardrobes, thoughts, emotions, and actions. That may sound like trickery to you. It isn’t at all. It’s about giving yourself permission to be fully present and authentic in all situations.
Listen to Madelyn’s entertaining, revealing, thought provoking story. Here are a few highlights:
- Madelyn’s secret for creating magic in her world
- The persona that delights children and inspires them to grow
- Who Madelyn is as a secret agent
- The freedom of switching from childlike innocence to bold sultry confidence
- The friendly battle between Madelyn’s different personas
MADELYN’S SIX PERSONAS
- Madelyn Sloane (secretly her favorite)
- Miss Maddie
- Ms. Wilkinson
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda
Red Hot and Holy by Sera Beak
Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World by Peter H. Diamandis and Steven Kotler
The Magician’s Way by William Whitecloudfeminism
MADELYN’S FAVORITE QUOTES
“You are in the best position for the experiences you need, and you will not be kept there a moment longer than is your ultimate good. Live, grow, unfold, living your life the best you can, and be kind.” – Somebody
“Some days I am more wolf than woman, and I’m still learning how to stop apologizing for my wild.” – Nikita Gill
YOUR DREAM LIFE
This is a no nonsense podcast episode about the simple daily habits that will propel you toward the life of your dreams.
Our guest is Denise Walsh who has been on Change Your Story, Change Your life once before. She has just created the Dream Life Daily Journal; it may be just what you need to rock your world as we approach a new year.
Even if you never get Denise’s Dream Life Daily Journal, you will discover many empowering gems in today’s show. here are just a few:
- The awesome power of a very short daily ritual
- The magic of shifting your thoughts and actions just 1%
- How to be your life’s puppet master every single day
- How to hit new highs even if you are already successful
- Why setting intentions to create your day should not be optional
- The science behind intentions
- How habits work
- Learning to always expect the best to happen
- The powerful difference between emotions and feelings
- Why no one can ever hurt you again
- Secrets of great actors that you can transform you life immediately
- The enriching power of gratitude and meditation
You will also learn how to conquer overwhelm and many other important life hacks.
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
High Performance Habits by Brendon Burchard – FREE COPY
The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
YOUR DREAM LIFE RESOURCES
www.DreamLifeToolkit.com – Two FREE GIFTS from Denise
Define Your Life – my first interview with Denise Walsh