GOT THE SUGAR BLUES?
Many people have a sweet tooth. Maybe you do. It seems innocent, You might even smile when you say, “I have a sweet tooth.”
The truth is that sugar, the white powder that men, women, and children love, is an addictive drug. Some argue that it’s right up there with cocaine.
Today’s podcast guest, Thom King, experienced the destructive power of sugar firsthand. One day, when he looked in the mirror, he decided that enough was enough. That’s when he became the Guy Gone Keto.
You will learn many eyeopening and empowering things from Thom’s story. Here are just a few:
- What is ketosis, and why you want to achieve it
- The nasty truth about sugar
- Why fats are your friends
- How society promotes addiction
- Why those whole grains may not be so healthy
- How to leverage your pain to achieve freedom and happiness
- The health benefits of a cerebral flush
- How to conquer the obesity epidemic
- Much, much more…
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
Guy Gone Keto by Thom King
The Daily Stoic by Ryan Holiday & Stephen Hanselman
Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink & Leif Babin
Sugar Blues by William Duffy
Radical Forgiveness by Colin Tipping
THOM’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“May the bridges I burn light the way.” – Dylan Mckay – Beverly Hills 90210 (the original)
ARE YOU REAL?
Are any of us real? Or, are we made up stories projected onto us by others?
MEET THE HOLLYWOOD INSIDER
Hollywood is more than a place. It’s a story. Actually, it’s many stories, as many as we can make up in our heads.
Simply put, Hollywood means something different to everyone. Your story depends on whether you live there, you like or loathe celebrity, are outgoing or shy, religious or secular. No two people see the same Hollywood.
Today’s guest, Harry Lowell, is a man who lives and breathes Hollywood. Not the Hollywood of glitz and glamor, but the Hollywood of creative expression, the Hollywood of storytelling.
Harry knew he wanted to tell the kind of stories that live on a screen when he was a kid. Luckily, for him and for us, he never lost his childlike curiosity, excitement, and passion for the world of storytelling.
You will find his story refreshing, inspiring, and revealing about what matters in life and business, about the things that make you feel alive and keep you true to yourself.
Here are some of the highlights of today’s episode:
- Powerful life lessons from Harry Lowell’s dad
- The importance of mentorship
- The ego’s role in your success or failure
- Why you must master your relationship to time
- The real power of teamwork
- How to successfully pitch anything to anyone
- The biggest obstacle to your success
- Powerful branding tips
- Harry’s biggest mistake
- Harry’s greatest achievement
- What it means to be the “eye of the storm”
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
A Penguin Story by Antoinette Portis (Harry’s favorite book)
Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss
Chicago: A Novel by David Mamet
HARRY’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – attributed to Wayne Gretsky, Michael Jordan…others? – Hey, somebody said it.
Instagram – @goodproducer