STORY OF A HAT
Imagine if your clothes could talk. What would they say? What stories would they tell?
This episode is about a “talking” hat; it’s about the story of a hat.
This no ordinary hat. It is the red MAGA hat worn by Trump supporters. Not only does this hat talk, it tells different stories to different people. Strong, loud, passionate stories that, all too often, trigger violent actions.
Earlier this month, a black man wearing a MAGA hat was violently assaulted and robbed by two other black men because he would not remove the hat when they ordered him to. The hat inflamed them. It triggered a STORY in their heads that led to violence.
We project all sorts of stories onto neutral objects and onto people. When we do that we are slaves to our narratives.
Here are a few of the provocative questions and insights you’ll discover in this episode:
- What is the nature of story?
- How do your story filters color your view of the world?
- What happens if you don’t take full responsibility for the narratives that create your world?
- The similarity between your inner narratives and a wild horse
- The truth about your opinions and judgements
The story of a hat is the story of your mind; it’s the story of the reality that you create moment to moment that makes your world enriching or frightening.
The story of hat is a challenge for you to take full responsibility for the circumstances, the emotions, and the reality that you project onto the world. It is a challenge to change your story, and change your life.
Yes, today’s podcast is all about sex. It’s all about getting laid. No, the show is not becoming a porn pod.
Today, we will explore what sex means to a man and a woman who spend a night together between the sheets. You’ll discover that it can mean very different things to each of them.
Our guests are Anne van Leeuwen and Ryan Hollyman, two very talented actors who are currently performing in a play called C’MON, Angie at the Assembly Theatre in Toronto.
This is a smart, compelling, provocative play that confronts the uncomfortable question, “What is sexual consent?” It’s an important and even dangerous question when the people forced to answer it have spent what could be seen as a “wild night in bed.”
This episode will take you on a fascinating journey that will challenge you, make you feel and think differently, and take you on an important inner journey toward the heart of who you are as a man or a woman.
This is some of the territory that the play explores and our guests approach in this episode:
- The nature of true sexual consent
- Can a fun night in bed really be an assault?
- What is rape?
- Do men and women want and expect different things from sex?
- Can a good man be a sexual aggressor?
- Do we need a new vocabulary for men and women to authentically communicate?
C’MON, Angie will take you to places you will want to avoid at the same time that you feel irresistibly drawn to them.
Listen, learn, expand, get angry, and enjoy our intimate conversation about sex.
ANNE’S & RYAN’S FAVORITE BOOKS
Transcription by Kate Atkinson (Anne)
Motley Crue: The Dirt – Confessions of the World’s Most Notorious Rock Band by Tommy Lee, Neil Strauss, et al. (Ryan)
ANNE & RYAN’S FAVORITE QUOTES
“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.” – Calvin Coolidge (Anne)
“Live and let live.” – Many people (Ryan)
SEE ANNE & RYAN’S SHOW
C’MON. Angie by Amy Lee Lavoie at Assembly Theatre – 1479 Queen St W, Toronto, ON M6R 1A1 Until April 28
Are you ready to always be more productive and creative? Are you ready to discover and express your unique ability and experience more joy every day? And do you want these things fast? Then listen to this episode.
Your willingness to stay open to what you are about to hear in today’s show and apply it will help you feel a major shift in your view of the world, your view of time, and your view of yourself. A shift that will empower your entire life.
Here are a few of the exciting things you will discover as you listen to this podcast:
- Einstein Time is part of Albert Einstein’s relativity theory
- You experience Einstein Time when you ask, “Where does time come from?”
- Time comes from you, and you are time
- Time is a made up story
- Change your time story, and you change your life
You will also learn that your time story corresponds either to Newton’s view of the world or Einstein’s. Newton’s view of time will keep you struggling to catch up; it will create a duality in which time is your enemy, and throw you into a battle you can’t win.
As you embrace Einstein Time, you stop fighting time and experience greater harmony. In Newton time, you are swimming against the current. In Einstein time, you are in a state of flow.
At the end of the episode, I offer you a free gift. Listen, learn, enjoy, and thrive.
BEYOND ALL LIMITS
Do you believe that your dreams are only dreams and can never become your reality? Great. You are not alone. Everyone has to face down that false belief in order to live a life beyond all limits.
Today’s episode looks inside a truly life changing book, The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level, by Gay Hendricks.
The book reveals an amazing and uplift truth, namely, that there is only ONE problem in life that you must challenge and overcome in order to live a life beyond all limits.
He calls this inner barrier to your ultimate fulfillment the Upper Limit Problem. You may be shocked when you discover what it is.
You will learn:
- The key questions to ask that will expose your Upper Limit Problem
- How a simple breath can begin to defeat this problem and eliminate fear
- Why you are naturally destined for greatness
- How to tap into and live in your Genius Zone
- The ultimate weapon, a simple mantra, that slays your Upper Limit Problem
Reading and applying the secrets in The Big Leap will enrich every area of your life. You will develop the confidence and the skills to:
- Uncover and develop your innate CREATIVITY
- Allow yourself to attract and experience long lasting INTIMATE RELATIONSHIPS
- Remove the barriers that limit your FINANCIAL ABUNDANCE
You will gain the power and the belief to answer YES to this life transforming question: Are you willing to take the Big Leap to your ultimate level of success in love, money, and creative contribution?
BOOK IN THIS PODCAST
FREE AUDIO BOOK
Today’s episode explores the question, “Do I really like myself?”
It may seem like a strange question. Actually, it is important to ask it because all of us have unconscious narratives or inside stories that limit our self worth.
You will learn three powerful questions to ask that will help you get to the truth of the main question, “Do I really like myself?” They are:
- Am I a good receiver? You may be amazed to discover that most people, probably you too, are much more comfortable giving than receiving. The more you allow yourself to receive, the deeper your self worth becomes.
- How much money are my work and time worth? This question can lead to some mind-blowing revelations. Can you imagine asking and getting $16,000 an hour for your time? You will love the story about one man who does.
- Could you have coffee with a famous person you admire and feel like her peer? This question can reveal a lot to you about how you see yourself in relation to others. You may be shocked by what you learn when you honestly ask this question.
View this episode as an adventure of self-discovery. Listen to it more than once. Ask the questions without becoming defensive. You may discover your inner world of untapped and unlimited potential.
BOOK IN THIS PODCAST