GAME OF THRONES
This episodes explores how the popular HBO series, Game of Thrones, reveals important insights about storytelling.
You will learn about four different aspects or levels of storytelling:
- CELEBRITY STORY – Our society is fascinated by celebrities and the phenomenon of celebrity in general. Why do people become passionate fans of anyone or anything? What emotional stories do they create in their minds that make them loyal to people, causes, and brands? How can you tap into the power of celebrity loyalty and apply it successfully to your business? How can you create a story about your products and services that becomes a movement that people want to join?
- SOCIAL MEDIA STORY – Social interaction is predominantly online today. Do you have a huge following on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other social networks? Do you want to grow your following for personal or business reasons? What can you learn from Game of Thrones that will dramatically increase your influence?
- WHY GAME OF THRONES IS REAL – I Game of Thrones pure fantastical fiction? Or, is it closer to real life than we care to admit? I believe that the show is a metaphor for our current world and its conflicts. Look at it through the lense of social commentary and you will recognize the battles that are raging in Israel, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, India, the United States, and the entire planet. Look very closely, and you will identify the pacifist message at the heart of the show.
- STORYTELLING TECHNIQUE – How do the writers of Game of Thrones keep us engaged and curious episode after episode for eight seasons? Study any one episode carefully, and you will discover powerful storytelling techniques, like the cliffhanger.
Who do you root for in Game of Thrones, and who do you think will sit on the Throne when the show ends?
BEYOND ALL LIMITS
Do you believe that your dreams are only dreams and can never become your reality? Great. You are not alone. Everyone has to face down that false belief in order to live a life beyond all limits.
Today’s episode looks inside a truly life changing book, The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level, by Gay Hendricks.
The book reveals an amazing and uplift truth, namely, that there is only ONE problem in life that you must challenge and overcome in order to live a life beyond all limits.
He calls this inner barrier to your ultimate fulfillment the Upper Limit Problem. You may be shocked when you discover what it is.
You will learn:
- The key questions to ask that will expose your Upper Limit Problem
- How a simple breath can begin to defeat this problem and eliminate fear
- Why you are naturally destined for greatness
- How to tap into and live in your Genius Zone
- The ultimate weapon, a simple mantra, that slays your Upper Limit Problem
Reading and applying the secrets in The Big Leap will enrich every area of your life. You will develop the confidence and the skills to:
- Uncover and develop your innate CREATIVITY
- Allow yourself to attract and experience long lasting INTIMATE RELATIONSHIPS
- Remove the barriers that limit your FINANCIAL ABUNDANCE
You will gain the power and the belief to answer YES to this life transforming question: Are you willing to take the Big Leap to your ultimate level of success in love, money, and creative contribution?
BOOK IN THIS PODCAST
FREE AUDIO BOOK
The clothing you wear makes a statement. But what about the clothing you don’t wear? You know, the suits, dresses, jeans, slacks, and every other item that covers the human body that you stopped wearing a long time ago.
You don’t wear them. But you won’t give them up. Those pieces of clothing have their own unique wardrobe stories. Stories about you, the people in your life, and your past. Stories that carry a lot of emotional baggage.
This episode continues our conversation about decluttering your home. This one focuses specifically on the clothes you stopped wearing but allow to live in your closets and drawers, and, more importantly, in your heart and mind.
You’ll learn an exercise in today’s podcast that can help you release buried emotions that may be weighing you down and holding you back in life. You are going to confront and explore 3 kinds of clothing:
- Clothing that is connected to a previous relationship in your life. Maybe, it was a gift from your ex. Or, it was something that you wore when you dated your ex. The relationship ended, you stopped wearing the item of clothing, but it still takes up space in your home.
- An item of clothing that you bought and no longer care about or wear.
- Something that you no longer wear, but you still like it.
You will pick up each item separately, hold it, and begin a dialogue with it. You will know what to say and ask when emotions come to surface triggered by the clothing.
Finally, you will summon the courage to release the item and the emotions attached to it.
You’ll also hear my challenge to do a serious purge of your wardrobe and other objects in your home. When you do it, you may discover that you feel lighter. You may experience a new sense of freedom. You will have made space for new empowering things to enter your life.
This can be a huge breakthrough for you. You will learn that your past is a made up story. You will be free to write a new story with bright and inviting future.
So, listen, change, and grow.
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
Travesties – a play by Tom Stoppard
Extremities – a play by William Mastrosimone
Here is one dictionary definition of music: vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion.
That’s an acceptable definition, but it doesn’t capture the essence of music power. It doesn’t hint at the power of music to heal, transform, and even, to save lives. Music power embraces all of these.
The guest of today’s episode is Bill Protzmann. He’s a musician. He’s also a man who has experienced the deepest meaning of music power, and he enriches people’s lives with what he’s learned.
These are a few of the enriching gems you’ll discover as Bill Protzmann and I take a deep dive into the magic of music:
- How music literally saved Bill’s life
- A journey from despair to joyful song writing
- Music’s power to heal trauma
- Practical Heart Kills & how music enriches them
- How to identify your power music
- The hidden magic of gratitude and appreciation
- The relationship between music and business growth
You will also learn the difference between musical therapy and musical care. Why is that important? Because you can master musical care on your own and use it to enrich your life.
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel van der Kolk M.D.
In Our Eyes In Our Words: Portraits from the Edge of Society fine art book by artist, Jeff Horn
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
BILL’S FAVORITE QUOTES
“If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. … We need not wait to see what others do.” – Ghandi
The above is usually misquoted as “Be the change you want to see in the world.”
“With great power comes great responsibility.” – Voltaire & Ben Parker in Spiderman
There are silent hidden stories all around you. They are in your home. your office, anyplace that you repeatedly spend time in.
Does that sound wacky? It is profoundly true.
This short episode explores the hidden stories in familiar objects that we own. The question to ask is, “Do they own you?”
I’m not making this up. I’m sharing insights from a powerful book, Clutter Busting: Letting Go of What’s Holding You Back, by Brooks Palmer.
Brooks’s expertise is decluttering. People hire him to help them get rid of unwanted things, usually in their homes.
Why would anyone need help getting rid of stuff they don’t want? That’s where the stories come in.
Psychology has demonstrated that we get emotionally attached to inanimate objects. The reality TV show, Hoarders, focuses on extreme examples of Holding on tightly to clutter.
You can’t read Clutter Busting or listen to this episode and not learn something about yourself. One of the book’s fascinating stories is about a woman who could not let go of one year old notes from a class she had taken. She didn’t need the notes. In fact, the wer scattered on her floor. You’ll be amazed at what set her free.
I give you a challenge to release objects that you own and don’t use, want, or need anymore. It’s an invitation to choose a new level of freedom that will enrich and empower your life.
Stop what you’re doing. Listen to Hidden Stories. It could be one the most transformational ten minutes of your life.
BOOK IN THIS PODCAST
Clutter Busting: Letting Go of What’s Holding You Back, by Brooks Palmer