You can speak on stage. Anyone can. And, you definitely should.
That’s the main lesson you will learn in today’s podcast. Our guest is Pete Vargas, a man who helps people overcome their fear of public speaking and use their new power to rock audiences from the stage and explode their businesses.
Pete was not born a dynamic confident speaker. Far from it. He was a kid from a dysfunctional family with an abusive father. Fortunately, he discovered the healing power of public speaking. It changed his life; now he helps others change theirs.
You’ll gain many golden insights from today’s podcast. Here are just a few:
- How Pete turned his greatest pain into his greatest gift
- The far reaching power of inspirational speaking
- Pete’s best speaking experience
- His worst speaking experience
- How one hour on stage can earn a million dollars or more
- The simple steps you can use to confidently speak on stage
- The difference between butts in seats & hearts in seats
- How to harness the speaking power in Pete’s REACH formula
- How to successfully launch your business in one hour
- The STORY – STAGE – SCALE system that you can and should master
- How to have Stages On Demand
PETE’S FAVORITE BOOK
PETE’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
ANOTHER GREAT QUOTE
YOU ARE A MADE-UP STORY
Your life is make believe. I expect you to deny it and call me crazy. How can your very “real” life be make believe?
How can your dreams, your hopes, your joy, and your pain be make believe?
Bear with me. I’m not saying your life is fake. I’m saying that you and I and everyone else create our lives, our realities, through stories that begin in the imagination and are embellished by our minds. Is that good or bad?
Willie Shakespeare said it best in Hamlet, Act 2, Scene 2, “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.” And our boy, Willie, earned the right to say that. He was so damned good at storytelling!
So, what the hell does any of this have to do with today’s podcast? Everything. Our guest is Dr. Adrian McIntyre, a storytelling master who helps people achieve high performance communication.
Adrian understands that we are all hardwired to tell and love stories. He’s a guy with a heightened self-awareness. He will expand your mind in this podcast episode where you will learn:
- How story is natively human
- Why stories “wake you up” by releasing feel good chemicals in your brain
- The brilliant insight that “story is to humans as water is to fish”
- The simple story structure that will immediately make you a better storyteller
- The relationship between drama and your personal and business stories
- Why you should understand the Hero’s Journey
- How “story listening” gives you greater storytelling power
- Why your weaknesses hold the key to your strength and success
- The importance of discovering your “story-print” (not unlike your fingerprint)
- How story can help you grow by serving the world
- SO MUCH MORE…
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
The War of Art by Steven Pressfield (Adrian’s favorite book)
The Myth of Sisyphus by Albert Camus
The Hero’s Journey: The Collected Works of Joseph Campbell by Joseph Campbell
The Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell (audio book)
ADRIAN’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“Wisdom begins in wonder.” – Socrates
FREE AUDIOBOOK OF YOUR CHOICE
ARE YOU FAKING IT?
It’s called Imposter Syndrome. More people than you can imagine experience it. I do, and I’ll bet, you do too.
It’s that nagging feeling that people are going to “find you out.” They will recognize that you are not as good as you claim to be, and they will expose you as an imposter.
Imposter syndrome is one of the most destructive narratives that we create in our minds. It keeps us from trying new things. It stifles our creativity. It denies us our innate greatness. It steals our lives.
Today’s podcast guest, Michelle Gomez is an expert on imposter syndrome. I’ll call her the Imposter Syndrome Buster. She did battle with her own imposter narrative and won. Now, she helps others conquer this dream stealing monster and gain the confidence and self-esteem we all deserve.
This podcast interview is truly a game changer. Listen to Michelle, and you will discover:
- The root causes of imposter syndrome (deserve issues)
- How to switch from external validation to self-validation
- Your brilliance has a purpose
- How imposter syndrome will burn you out
- Secrets of self-sabotage
- How books can liberate you
- The importance of emotional intelligence
- Why you must stop trying to fix other people
- The powerful benefits of storytelling to empower your life
These are just a few of the gems that Michelle Gomez offers you in this podcast. One of the most valuable is the understanding you will gain about your U C O N – your Unique Cocktail of Needs.
Sit back, relax, and listen to this podcast with a beginner’s mind; that means without judgement. Allow Michelle’s clarity to help you become more clear. Allow here hard won knowledge to shift your thinking about yourself.
Listen to this with the right intention, and you will be able to change your story, and change your life.
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
Own Your Brilliance by Michelle M. Gomez
The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
You Are a Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero
Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg
MICHELLE’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of the deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” – Theodore Roosevelt
MICHELLE’S FREE GIFTS FOR YOU
- FREE copy of Michelle’s book – Own Your Brilliance
- FREE Imposter Syndrome Assessment
- FREE strategy call with Michelle