FINDING HUMAN CONNECTION
The Internet has connected the entire planet. So why is human connection at an all time low in this age of digital connectivity?
Today’s guest discovered an answer and a solution to the problem. He did it through his own painful experiences. He is a millennial named Gordie Bufton.
Gordie shares his discoveries in his two books, The Connection Effect: An Entrepreneurs’s Playbook to Unlocking the Present Moment, and Eluding Reality: A Memoir About Drugs, Psych Wards, and Recovery.
This episode is for people who have lost direction and are ready to put their lives back on track toward happiness and success. It is also for highly successful entrepreneurs who want more success without compromising their quality of life.
These are few of the things you will learn from my conversation with Gordie:
- How the technology that serves you is also robbing your sense of human connection
- The power you gain when you need guidance and you reach out for help
- Why environment is stronger than willpower
- How to simplify your life and dramatically increase your focus
- The meaning of Silent Sunday and how it can reboot and renew you
- How to conquer information overwhelm
- Your life resume vs.your work resume
- How to be a master of technology instead of its slave
BOOKS IN THIS POCAST
Eluding Reality: A Memoir About Drugs, Psych Wards, and Recovery by Gordie Bufton
The Slight Edge: Secret to a Successful Life by Jeff Olson – Gordie’s favorite book
The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
The Seven Secrets to Living in Harmony: A Guide to Freeing YOU to Create YOUR Life by Gregory Reece Smith
GORDIE’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“Be the change you want to be in the world.” – Ghandi