DO YOU MATTER?
Of course you matter. The question is, do you allow yourself to know it?
This episode explores the story we create about the word, contribution.
You’ll hear a true story about an acting student of mine who loved acting, was good at it, and gave it up because she did not believe that acting was a profession for responsible adults.
Actually, that belief, that story, came from her parents. She had internalized it, and felt a burden of guilt when she thought about living her dream to be an actor. The seed of that guilt was society’s limiting belief about contribution.
THIS EPISODE WILL EXPAND YOUR THINKING ABOUT:
- Society’s most valued and honored professions
- “Selfish” professions
- Taboo professions
- People without professions or any meaningful work
WILL YOU EMBRACE THE CHALLENGE?
- To be honest about the work and life choices you’ve made
- To discover and revive your buried dreams
- To allow yourself to want what you want without any justification to anyone else