Mike Veny has creativity, empathy, humor, and mental strength. He helps people find hope and meaning. That’s what he does and who he is today.
Mike had to fight to become who he is. He had to dramatically change the story that the world was writing for him. The world labelled him mentally ill at an early age.
Mike’s battle against and victory over a soul destroying self image have given him the power to enrich other people’s lives and help them discover their own mental strength.
This interview with Mike Veny, one of America’s leading mental health speakers, offers you a treasure chest of self empowerment and transformation.
Here are some of the gems you’ll discover as Mike’s shares moments and insights of his personal growth journey:
- How a mental breakdown was the beginning of a major breakthrough
- The why and what of the big stigma around mental health challenges
- What’s behind the stigma cycle
- How to protect yourself against the law of the tribe
- How to become a mental wellness superhero
- The power of intention to connect with others
- Why mentors and personal development are vital to your wellbeing
- Why reading should never be optional
- How drumming can empower you
- How to stop suffering in silence
- And, yes, much, much more…
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey (Mike’s favorite book)
Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World by Peter H. Diamandis and Steven Kotler
The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell
The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth: Live Then and Reach Your Potential by John C. Maxwell
MIKE’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” – Vince Lombardi