As human beings, we all got dreams, goals and aspirations that are important to us and thus, we want to achieve. However, when you are caught in an addiction, you are definitely not fulfilling that.Transformation is crucial to living your dreams. With that, you must face your inner demons, defeat them, then, make positive changes in your life.
Often times, nobody wants to face their inner demons.However, once you make that choice, you won’t regret it. You will come out of the journey stronger and wiser as exhibited by today’s guest, Lori Losch.
Lori’s philosophy in life is someones’s biggest MESS can become their biggest MESSAGE
Lori’s philosophy in life is someones’s biggest MESS can become their biggest MESSage. As for Lori, bulimia was hers. She has fought and conquered this inner demon and she is passionate about sharing her own journey in order to help others through theirs. Through her Rather than Rehab Addiction Recovery coaching, she helps people remember who they really are without the mask of addiction.
In this episode, Lori and I talked about fighting and conquering our inner battles.
You will learn about:
- The inner demons Lori defeated that made her the woman she is today
- Destructive behaviors that often lead to bulimia
- The coffee that Lori drinks every morning to feed her brain and body
- Works of Dr. Gabor Maté that influenced Lori’s
- Why Lori believes she chose her demon and not the other way around
- How having a recovery coach can change a life positively
- Darkest moments as a start of your new and improved life
- The right mindset to have when battling your inner demons
- Learning to let go and trusting that you will be okay
- Similarities of different kinds of addiction
- 3 empowering tips for people who are struggling addiction
- A peek on Lori’s coaching programs
- Small things that give life a deeper sense of purpose
- Brief background on Lori’s best-selling books
QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE
“All addictions are rooted in anxiety and stress.”
“Statistically, 100% of the time that somebody becomes bulimic, they’ve always started with some kind of restriction.”
“Biology will tramp willpower every single time.”
“The question shouldn’t be ‘Why the addiction?’ because addiction is actually a solution to the pain. The question should be ‘Why the pain?’”
“We have lessons to learn and experience to have.”
“All addiction is to further us along the spiritual path”
“Atheltiscm does go often hand in hand with eating disorders.”
“Different kinds of addictions are all survival tools, until they aren’t.”
“The less we are in that oneness, the more we are in our addiction.”
“Befriend your addiction.”
“Addiction is all about stress.”
“If we can minimize our environmental stress, the more we are well on our way to dealing with our addictions.”
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
Bumbles: … Finds Her Way Home! by Lori Losch
Bumbles: … Saves Naipoki! by Lori Losch
Safe Souls by Lori Losch
Rather Than Rehab by Lori Losch
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
Loving What Is by Byron Kati
The Soul of Success by Jack Canfield
The Bulletproof Diet by Dave Asprey
The Monster Within by Cynthia McClure
“Treat others how you want to be treated.” – The Golden Rule
Lori’s Website – www.loriliving.com
LINKS AND RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE
Black & White – A Film by James Toback
Brain Octane Oil
The Genius Network Annual Event
Genius Network – The World’s Best Wisdom – Presented By Joe Polish
Dr. Gabor Maté
Being True to You
A Dangerous Story
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps pay this forward by creating more visibility and sharing this with more people. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really does help — and it’s easy!
- Click THIS link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Leave a rating or a review (or both) by clicking on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. Thank you so much!