Humans are hardwired to feel that their beliefs are real. We filter all that we see and hear through our beliefs and think that the world we perceive is objective reality.
There is so much evidence to prove that all beliefs are just made up stories. Why do we make them up? In order to feel that our lives are on solid ground. There is an upside to that. There is also a major downside.
Our beliefs often clash with the beliefs of others. If we hold on to our narratives tightly we will experience discord, even violence and unhappiness.
Also, if we insist that our beliefs are object reality, it becomes hard for us to empathize with and understand people with very different beliefs than others. And, our blindness makes us vulnerable to unconsciously adopting beliefs that can harm us and others.
A great example of a belief that was passionately held as true was the idea that the German people were the master race,and that Jews were subhumans who should be exterminated. We must not forget that a large segment of German society embraced that belief without question. More importantly, the people who embraced Naziism were, for the most part, ordinary human beings like you and me.
The moment we get beyond our fear of letting beliefs go and accepting that they are stories, we step into the power to create any narrative we want to enrich and empower our lives.
This is the first episode of 2020.
I’m introducing a new lean format that will feature many solo episodes.
Each new episode will explore another way that stories create our reality.
Today, it’s easy for everyone to be physically fit. It’s also easy not to. Which choice will you make? It all depends on your story.
This episode has the potential to change your life. It can inspire you to become the best version of yourself, physically, emotionally, and financially.
Our guest is Russ Yeager, a man who transformed himself from a chubby kid who didn’t like his body to a man who won an international physical transformation contest. Now, he helps people experience optimal health and energy and achieve their ideal physique. He will help you get excited about exercise and great nutrition and discover that fitness rocks.
Russ Yeager is much more than a physical fitness trainer. He’s a mindset expert who helps his clients win their inner game to achieve new levels of success, wealth, and happiness.
Russ walks his talk. he runs multiple successful business. He’s a sought after keynote speaker and the author of Live Longer, Feel Better, and Look Great Naked!
He has written and appeared in numerous fitness publications.
Many of his clients describe him as “the most positive and motivating person” they’ve ever met, which is refreshing in a world full of too much negativity and cynicism.
Working with Russ, his clients have saved hundreds — even thousands — of wasted hours and effort, giving them the confidence to know they WILL get results!
Here are just a few of the golden nuggets that Russ offers you in this podcast episode:
- How he went from 25% to 5% body fat in 5 weeks and won the Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic
- Why all physical transformation begins in your mind
- 3 ways your mind can sabotage your physical transformation
- Real secrets to lifelong weight loss and ideal health
- Why cardio is NOT the best exercise to help you burn fat
- The difference between healthy eating and eating to look good
- Why the scale is not your friend when you want to get fit
- The ideal protein requirements for men and women
- The importance of macronutrients to optimal health
Russ Yeager’s vision is to help one million men become the best version of themselves in the next five years. Will you be one of them?
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
Traction by Gino Wickman (One of Russ’s favorites)
The Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton
Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker
The Road Less Stupid by Keith J. Cunningham
The 10X Rule: The Only difference Between Success and Failure by Grant Cardone
RUSS’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“Passion and persistence make a vision a reality.” – Russ Yeager
CONTACT RUSS (valuable FREE resources)
A sweet spot in golf is the perfect place to hit the ball. You know you’ve hit the sweet spot when you hear that addictive “crack” sound the driver makes as it connects and sends the ball on a victorious flight toward the green.
That kind of golf shot is addictive because you, your club, and your ball become one, and you feel the thrill of excellence in your body.
Today’s podcast guest is a golf pro, Cindy Miller. She understands how golf is a perfect metaphor for life. She not only teaches golf; she also teaches people how to master their inner game, become more confident, and step into their leadership.
You don’t have to play golf or even like it to enjoy today’s show. You will be entertained, challenged, and inspired by Cindy’s story. It will make you want to reach for your personal best in life and business.
Here are a few of the valuable things you’ll learn from Cindy Miller:
- How the only thing between you and success is the voice in your head
- How being the fat kid that school kids laughed at led to Cindy’s great success
- How Cindy buried her dream to be a professional golfer and then revived it
- How you can change your life by asking the question, “Why not me?”
- How golf can teach you how to forgive and know yourself
You’ll also gain some game changing insights into the relationship between golf and your life. Here’s a glimpse at some:
- Golf teaches you how to overcome any obstacle
- Golf trains you to appreciate solitude
- Golf leads you to consistent self reliance
- The power of accountability in golf and life
Cindy offers a powerful resource to everyone in this episode. She calls it the It Box. The 3 things in the It Box will help you discover and choose you are great at. The 3 things are:
- The pain (Cindy calls it a nail) that can make you find your WHY
- The mirror that shows you who you are
- seed that makes you take action toward meaningful change
CINDY’S FAVORITE BOOK
The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson
CINDY’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“It’s never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
DARKNESS INTO LIGHT
Marianne Williamson, author of A Return to Love:Reflections on the Principles of “A Course in Miracles,” said, “It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.”
Today’s guest is a woman whose life supports Williamson’s words. Her name is Kerri Hummingbird, and her story is an inspiring example of a person’s journey from darkness into light.
She is the author of two books, a spiritual guide, and a healer. She is also the host of the Soul Nectar podcast.
Our interview pulls back the curtain on the things that hold us back in life. And, it reveals the choices we can make to change our story and step into the light.
These are some of the fascinating things you’ll hear about as you follow Kerri’s compelling story:
- How she stepped into leadership in order to survive
- The events that led to her courageous choice to end a soul destroying marriage
- A vision of being at the end of her rope that forced her to change
Kerri also shares these empowering insights and beliefs:
- You will discover your worthiness when you stop looking outside of yourself
- Self empowerment lives on the other side of shame and blame
- Each of you has a powerful unique gift that Kerri calls your thumbprint suit
- Responsible use of plant medicine can lead to deep self discovery
- The role of White Eagle, kerri’s spiritual guide who helps her to help others
In a nutshell, this interview is an authentic exploration of awakening to your higher self. It will help you tap into your power to grow and change.
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
Awakening to Me: One Woman’s Journey to Self Love by Kerri Hummingbird
The Second Wave: Transcending the Human Drama by kerri Hummingbird
The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
KERRI’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“No problem can be solved by the same level of consciousness that created it.” – attributed to Albert Einstein
YOUR FREE GIFT