A sweet spot in golf is the perfect place to hit the ball. You know you’ve hit the sweet spot when you hear that addictive “crack” sound the driver makes as it connects and sends the ball on a victorious flight toward the green.
That kind of golf shot is addictive because you, your club, and your ball become one, and you feel the thrill of excellence in your body.
Today’s podcast guest is a golf pro, Cindy Miller. She understands how golf is a perfect metaphor for life. She not only teaches golf; she also teaches people how to master their inner game, become more confident, and step into their leadership.
You don’t have to play golf or even like it to enjoy today’s show. You will be entertained, challenged, and inspired by Cindy’s story. It will make you want to reach for your personal best in life and business.
Here are a few of the valuable things you’ll learn from Cindy Miller:
- How the only thing between you and success is the voice in your head
- How being the fat kid that school kids laughed at led to Cindy’s great success
- How Cindy buried her dream to be a professional golfer and then revived it
- How you can change your life by asking the question, “Why not me?”
- How golf can teach you how to forgive and know yourself
You’ll also gain some game changing insights into the relationship between golf and your life. Here’s a glimpse at some:
- Golf teaches you how to overcome any obstacle
- Golf trains you to appreciate solitude
- Golf leads you to consistent self reliance
- The power of accountability in golf and life
Cindy offers a powerful resource to everyone in this episode. She calls it the It Box. The 3 things in the It Box will help you discover and choose you are great at. The 3 things are:
- The pain (Cindy calls it a nail) that can make you find your WHY
- The mirror that shows you who you are
- seed that makes you take action toward meaningful change
CINDY’S FAVORITE BOOK
The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson
CINDY’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“It’s never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot