You’ve heard of a go getter. So, what’s a go giver? Not the opposite of a go getter. The opposite of a go giver is a go taker.
This episode is not about an amusing word game. It’s an interview with a brilliant man whose views on the world transform lives.
His name is Bob Burg, an accomplished and recognized speaker, author, and a sales/mindset trainer. As an author, his book sales have crossed the one million mark.
Two of his most popular books are The Go-Giver, that he co-authored with John David Mann, and Endless Referrals, a book that delivers big time on the promise of its title.
There’s a simple profound theme in all of Bob Burg’s work. It’s this. The more you give, the more you get. He walks and talks the belief that the amount of money you make is directly proportional to how many people you serve.
Here’s what’s exciting about listening to Bob or reading one of his books. You’ll get insights about influence and persuasion that have been around since our ancestors stepped out of caves into society.
But here’s the thing. Bob lets you view these insights through a powerful, new, crystal clear lens. You may even get the feeling that you are learning them for the first time. That kind of ah-ha is life transforming and enriching.
Here are just a few of the value bombs that Bob Burg drops in this interview as we discuss his latest book, The Go-Giver Influencer:
- The true meaning of influence
- The big difference between persuasion and manipulation
- Why context is more important than the content of your words
- Why you should use stories to influence, persuade, and sell
- A powerful communication lesson you’ll learn from an elephant
- What a cat named Cleocatra can teach you about persuasion and influence
- The back door rule of persuasion
- Why compromise creates a lose-lose situation
- The art and skill of listening with the back of your neck
True to form, Bob just keeps giving and giving in this episode. You’ll definitely want to absorb the seven figure wisdom he reveals with:
- The 5 Secrets of Influence
- The 8 words guaranteed to win people to your point of view
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
The Go-Giver: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea by Bob Burg & John David Mann
The Go-Giver Influencer: A Little Story About a Most Persuasive Idea by Bob Burg & John David Mann
The Art of Talking So People Will Listen by Paul W. Swets
How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace W. Wattles
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
The Secret of Selling Anything by Harry Browne
BOB’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar
www.TheGoGiver.com – FREE chapters from Bob’s books!
www.Burg.com/10Q – FREE 10 powerful feel-good questions for networking