I grew up constantly hearing that a sign of maturity is to know your limitations. I believed it. And it’s nonsense.
Most of the time, you will allow your doubts to define your limits. Once you accept a limit in your mind, it becomes your story; it become your reality. You become an “I can’t person.”
Today’s guest is an “I can person.” She has earned the right to her success by constantly shattering limits, venturing into the unknown, and taking on big challenges. She reveals how to step into your limitless mindset.
Her name is Laura Gassner Otting. Her latest book, that you can preorder on Amazon, is Limitless: How to Ignore Everybody, Carve Your Own Path, and Live Your Best Life.
You are in for a treat in this episode. You will hear a very smart, highly energetic, entertaining woman whose words and thoughts can help you shatter your limits.
Here’s a glimpse at the value packed learning you’ll enjoy listening to Laura’s story:
- Why you should live at the edge of incompetence
- The power of knowing that you are not that important
- Identifying if you are a star chaser and what to do about it
- Why contained risk is good for you
You’ll be fascinated by Laura’s journey from Bill Clinton’s White House to CEO of a successful company to the high achieving entrepreneurial life she leads today. That journey helped her gain many valuable insights that she shares in today’s interview.
Here are a few more of the mind expanding insights she offers you:
- How to snap out of analysis paralysis
- How to discover your own super power
- How to make the shift from your career to your calling
- 4 words to ban from your life
- The awesome power of saying YES to things
Laura gives you several powerful backpack moment in this episode. A backpack moment is an idea, a takeaway, that can change your life even if you didn’t listen to any more of the interview. You could literally put on your backpack and go on your way enriched.
A few thoughts that could become the backpack moments for your limitless mindset are:
- Why the question, “How can I help?” often leads to short term thinking
- How to achieve consonance – living your life so that what you do matches who you are
- The 4 elements of consonance that give your life a powerful purpose
- The difference between your family and your “framily”
- Why you should wave your freak flag high (we all have one)
- Stepping into your fundamental state of leadership
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
Stones from the River by Ursula Hegi (Laura’s favorite)
Mission Driven: Moving from Profit to Purpose by Laura Gassner Otting
Limitless: How to Ignore Everybody, Carve Your Own Path, and Live Your Best Life by Laura Gassner Otting
LAURA’S FAVORITE QUOTES
“…You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
“Well behaved women seldom make history.” – Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
www.LauraGassnerOtting.com/Change – FREE GIFT – 4 Ways to Discover Your Calling