This episode reviews and pulls together all of the storytelling secrets you learned about in this podcast.
I call them storytelling secrets because so many people don’t use them when they communicate and sell.
You’ll learn the important elements of all great stories firsthand when you listen to this episode. You will experience them in action.
You will hear the riveting opening paragraphs of a compelling life-changing book, Why You’re Dumb, Sick & Broke…And How to Get Smart, healthy & Rich, by Randy Gage.
You can also enjoy Randy’s inspiring story by listening to episode 164 of this podcast, the episode called You Are Your Story.
Randy draws you into the rich world of his book by masterfully using these storytelling elements or techniques:
- Hook – His first sentence grabs your attention 100%.
- Show, Don’t Tell – Randy doesn’t lecture you; he involves you in a suspenseful story.
- Vivid Language – Randy uses language of the senses to paint a vivid picture and arouse your emotions.
- Specificity – His story is crystal clear because all the details are specific.
- Cliffhangers – You will love the way Randy builds suspense with his cliffhanger sentences.
Can you use these same techniques to deliver a presentation or other sales message if you are selling protein shakes, umbrellas, pet shampoo…?
Yes! You can create a compelling story to deliver a message and sell absolutely anything – if you do these two things first:
- Clearly identify your audience
- Define your core message
You’ll discover a fun game you can play to master these storytelling secrets at the end of this episode.
BOOK IN THIS PODCAST
WALK YOUR TALK
“Commitment is doing the thing you said you would do long after the mood you said it in has passed.” That quote is by George Zalucki, an international icon of self development. It is also one of today’s guest’s favorite quotes.
Our inspiring guest is Ray Higdon, a seven figure earner as a former network marketer and now as an internationally recognized network marketing coach.
This episode is definitely for you even if you are not a network marketer and have no interest in it. Why? Because it is a powerful conversation about showing up in your life and business 100%. it’s about stepping into the power to walk your talk.
You will feel Ray’s authentic energy throughout this interview. That energy literally radiates from Ray’s voice and touches you on a level beyond words. You can’t help but feel uplifted and empowered by Ray Higdon’s authenticity, vulnerability, and passion.
People pay Ray six figures for the knowledge, wisdom, and life changing secrets that he shares freely with you in today’s podcast episode.
Ray dropped so many value bombs in this interview. Here a just a few of the high ticket lessons you will learn:
- Releasing emotional baggage to attract wealth and happiness
- The value of becoming uncomfortable
- Why a breakdown proceeds every major breakthrough
- The transformative power of two simple words: Until & Despite
- What real consistency looks like
- Why life’s worst circumstances can’t really stop you
- One pivotal event that unlocked Ray’a power to grow, succeed, and contribute
- Why you should learn to take action before you are ready
- One book that transformed and empowered Ray’s life
- How you will feel when you align your words with your actions
If you are tired of being a spectator of this rewarding Life Game, listen to this entire episode with Ray Higdon, and become a winning player.
RAY’S FAVORITE BOOK
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
QUOTES IN THIS PODCAST
“I don’t feel pressure; I just see opportunity.” – Larry Bird (Ray’s favorite)
“Commitment is doing the thing you said you would do long after the mood you said it in has passed.” – George Zalucki
“Don’t wish for things to be easier. Wish for you to be better.” – Jim Rohn
YOU ARE YOUR STORY
You don’t have to believe that you are your story. But, why wouldn’t you choose to believe it?
If you don’t like your current life, and you choose to say, “That’s the way it is. That’s reality, and I must accept it,” you will be right.
You won’t be right because it is an objective truth. You will be right because the words you say to yourself write the story that becomes your reality.
If you want to find intellectual arguments that debunk what I’m saying, you’ll find them.
I’m not interested in those arguments; I’m interested in the experiences of human beings whose lives offer irrefutable proof that your self talk define your beliefs, and your beliefs create your reality.
One of those human beings is today’s podcast guest. The trajectory of his life is one of the most brilliant demonstrations of the statement that you are your story.
Our guest is Randy Gage, an internationally respected and recognized prosperity mentor, an author who has written eleven books that have been translated into twenty-five languages, and a member of the Speakers Hall of Fame who has spoken to more than 2 million people across more than 50 countries.
Did I mention that he also loves to play softball?
It’s important to mention that Randy Gage is a multi-millionaire and a millionaire maker. His friends and business associates include some of the world’s most powerful people of influence. I’m not writing this to impress you. I want to impress upon you that Randy Gage should not “realistically” be the mega success that he is today. You’ll hear him say so in this podcast.
Many of Randy’s early life circumstances would paint a picture of a man headed for a life of crime and/or dereliction.
He was a teenage alcoholic and crystal meth addict. He was a thief who spent his sixteenth birthday in a jail cell waiting for trial on an armed robbery charge. He is a brilliant, articulate, high school droput.
In his early adulthood, he failed to pay taxes on his restaurant business, and the IRS seized and sold his restaurant.
He almost bled to death from a gunshot wound in his stomach.
You’ll be inspired and even transformed (if your mind and heart are open) by the abundant blessed life Randy Gage created in spite of those devastating circumstances by intentionally changing his mindset.
RANDY REWRITES HIS STORY
- Chapter 1 – Baxter Richardson, a teacher and dad to one of Randy’s friends, visits him in jail.
- Chapter 2-Baxter offers Randy this new story: “You don’t belong here. You’re capable of doing great things.”
- Chapter 3- Randy embraces Baxter’s story even though he doesn’t believe it yet.
- Chapter 4 – Randy tries his new story on for size and slowly live into it.
RANDY DISCOVERS PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Randy joins Amway.
- Amway introduces him to thought leaders like Wayne Dyer (you’ll belly laugh when you hear this story in the podcast).
- Randy learns to fail forward until he becomes a top earning network marketer.
- Randy becomes a world renowned network marketing trainer.
- Randy evolves into a critical thinker and world famous prosperity coach.
THE POWER OF LANGUAGE
Language is a living energy force. That’s why all my guests and I are passionate about books and reading.
Randy Gage gives you a life-changing gift in this episode when he reveals how the novel, Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand sparked his greatness, his genius, his creativity, and his ability to create enormous wealth.
You will also discover other gems in this podcast episode, gems that will empower you to believe that you are your story and give you the desire and confidence to rewrite it. Here are just a few:
- The entertaining intoxicating power of comedy
- How to switch from a problem mindset to a possibility mindset
- Memes – what they are, and how to protect yourself from them
- How to turn your ideas into innovations
- The challenges and opportunities of the age of chaos
- What education should look like in the future
- The awesome power of the two words, “What if.”
- Why this is the age of the artist/entrepreneur
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
Mad Genius by Randy Gage
Risky is the New Safe by Randy Gage
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins
Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World by Peter H. Diamandis & Steven Kotler
The Singularity is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology by Ray Kurzweil
RANDY’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“Be like water.” – Bruce Lee
Many people dream of making Amazon fortunes. Maybe you have a secret, or not so secret, desire to be an Amazon millionaire.
Today’s guest has created his seven figure income by winning the game of selling on Amazon. Lucky for you, he teaches others how to do it.
You don’t have to be wiz-kid, a marketing genius, or super salesperson to hit the Amazon jackpot. Today’s guest, Dan Meadors, built his Amazon empire with a $600 initial investment.
In fact, Dan began mining his Amazon fortunes right after being fired and scared about his future. In this episode, you will learn that your success does not depend on your circumstances.
These are the 5 skills that you can develop to become a player on Amazon:
- Take ACTION
- Become FEARLESS
- Be RESOURCEFUL
- Be AUTHENTIC
- Always lead with VALUE
Dan also reveals his proven secrets for finding great products to sell on Amazon. He shares some of best strategies. And, he gives you formula that makes him stand apart from most Amazon sellers. He explains why your golden ticket is a wholesale Amazon model.
Plus, he shares some of the most powerful free online tools you can use in your Amazon business.
Dan, like most highly successful people, believes strongly in mentorship and personal development. He invests highly in both. Three of his favorite mentors are:
- Jeff Walker – creator of Product Launch Formula
- Dana Derricks – the man behind The Dream 100
- Ryan Moran – millionaire maker known for www.capitalism.com
Dan is offering a FREE GIFT to you, the storytellers who listen to this show. You will find it by clicking the link below unde Contact Dan.
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
Good to Great by Jim Collins (Dan’s favorite)
The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
Vivid Vision by Cameron Herold
DAN’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” – Seneca
Click the above link to grab this FREE GIFT:
There is always a story behind someone’s glory. It’s usually a tough one. Achievement and success must be earned. When they are, that’s rich.
Today’s episode is about a highly successful millennial entrepreneur. An online marketer and business coach named Marquel Russell.
His success is impressive. His determination and grit to achieve success are inspiring. His journey trul is a glory story.
Marquel is from the hood in Atlanta Georgia. He didn’t have positive male role models growing up. He looked up to and emulated gangsters and drug dealers, even Pablo Escobar.
Marquel’s early walk on the wild side landed him in jail. He was in lockup at 19 when his first child was born. How did he turn things around, write an awesome new story, and live into it?
That’s what you’ll discover in this powerful candid interview with Marquel Chili Gates Russell. Here are some of the highlights of a glory story you’ll learn from and enjoy:
- How Marquel’s entrepreneurial mom instilled believe and hope in him
- The funny story behind his first car, a 1984 baby blue Ford
- How the candy lady sparked his entrepreneurship
- Life skills Marquel learned in prison
- Discovering Bible study behind bars
- The influence of entertainment and club promotion on Marquel’s success
- How network marketing opened a door to a whole new way of life
- The personal development gurus that advanced Marquel’s growth
- Zig Ziglar’s great inspiration
- What happened when a mentor named Lonnie Robinson came into Marquel’s life
- The powerful effect of earning his first dollar online
- Marquel Russell’s first six figure payday
- The morning success ritual that fuels Marquel’s success
- How Marquel guides and inspires inner city youth
- His vision to impact the global economy by helping others
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
The War of Art by Steven Pressfield (Marquels favorite)
Do The Work by Steven Pressfield
The Daily Stoic by Ryan Holiday & Stephen Hanselman
The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of “A Course in Miracles” by Marianne Williamson
MARQUEL’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” ―