There is always a story behind someone’s glory. It’s usually a tough one. Achievement and success must be earned. When they are, that’s rich.
Today’s episode is about a highly successful millennial entrepreneur. An online marketer and business coach named Marquel Russell.
His success is impressive. His determination and grit to achieve success are inspiring. His journey trul is a glory story.
Marquel is from the hood in Atlanta Georgia. He didn’t have positive male role models growing up. He looked up to and emulated gangsters and drug dealers, even Pablo Escobar.
Marquel’s early walk on the wild side landed him in jail. He was in lockup at 19 when his first child was born. How did he turn things around, write an awesome new story, and live into it?
That’s what you’ll discover in this powerful candid interview with Marquel Chili Gates Russell. Here are some of the highlights of a glory story you’ll learn from and enjoy:
- How Marquel’s entrepreneurial mom instilled believe and hope in him
- The funny story behind his first car, a 1984 baby blue Ford
- How the candy lady sparked his entrepreneurship
- Life skills Marquel learned in prison
- Discovering Bible study behind bars
- The influence of entertainment and club promotion on Marquel’s success
- How network marketing opened a door to a whole new way of life
- The personal development gurus that advanced Marquel’s growth
- Zig Ziglar’s great inspiration
- What happened when a mentor named Lonnie Robinson came into Marquel’s life
- The powerful effect of earning his first dollar online
- Marquel Russell’s first six figure payday
- The morning success ritual that fuels Marquel’s success
- How Marquel guides and inspires inner city youth
- His vision to impact the global economy by helping others
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
The War of Art by Steven Pressfield (Marquels favorite)
Do The Work by Steven Pressfield
The Daily Stoic by Ryan Holiday & Stephen Hanselman
The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of “A Course in Miracles” by Marianne Williamson
MARQUEL’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” ―
YOUR MONEY MINDSET
Your money mindset is about much more than money. It’s about your relationship to yourself. The amount of money you attract and keep is directly related to your self esteem, your self love.
You can have a PhD in economics and be broke. How? By not loving yourself. By not feeling that you are worthy.
Today’s episode features an inspiring young woman who changed her story about herself; then she created her empowering money story. The result? Massive success.
Her name is Amanda Abella (pronounced A – BAY – A). She’s a sought after speaker, author, and digital marketing consultant who teaches entrepreneurs and companies how to up their game and earn more money. She inspires anyone who is ready for growth and success, particularly millennials.
These are a few of the value bombs you’ll discover in this episode:
- The inspiration Amanda got from her Cuban heritage
- The wisdom she gained from her grandmother
- How she stopped over-giving and under-earning
- The breakthrough she experienced at her first Anthony Robbins event
- Why your success does not depend on academic degrees
- How becoming an entrepreneur can help you heal unconscious wounds
- Why personal development should not be optional
- Why this is the most exciting time to be alive
- Of course, there’s MORE…like the reasons to consider…
THE INTERNET LIFESTYLE
- Work anywhere you choose
- Turn your work into your play
- Create an income with no ceiling
- Begin your success journey at a very low cost
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
Make Money Your Honey by Amanda Abella
Spirit Junkie: A Radical Road to Self-Love and Miracles by Gabrielle Bernstein
Heart Talk: Poetic Wisdom for a Better Life by Cleo Wade (Amanda’s Favorite)
Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World by Peter H. Diamandis & Steven Kotler
Mike Veny has creativity, empathy, humor, and mental strength. He helps people find hope and meaning. That’s what he does and who he is today.
Mike had to fight to become who he is. He had to dramatically change the story that the world was writing for him. The world labelled him mentally ill at an early age.
Mike’s battle against and victory over a soul destroying self image have given him the power to enrich other people’s lives and help them discover their own mental strength.
This interview with Mike Veny, one of America’s leading mental health speakers, offers you a treasure chest of self empowerment and transformation.
Here are some of the gems you’ll discover as Mike’s shares moments and insights of his personal growth journey:
- How a mental breakdown was the beginning of a major breakthrough
- The why and what of the big stigma around mental health challenges
- What’s behind the stigma cycle
- How to protect yourself against the law of the tribe
- How to become a mental wellness superhero
- The power of intention to connect with others
- Why mentors and personal development are vital to your wellbeing
- Why reading should never be optional
- How drumming can empower you
- How to stop suffering in silence
- And, yes, much, much more…
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey (Mike’s favorite book)
Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World by Peter H. Diamandis and Steven Kotler
The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell
The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth: Live Then and Reach Your Potential by John C. Maxwell
MIKE’S FAVORITE QUOTE
“The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” – Vince Lombardi
Are you living a puppet story? How do you know if you are?
One way is answer the question, “What is the difference between my emotions and my feelings?”
Seems like a trick question. But, it’s not. This podcast episode has the power to free you from the whims of your emotions.
Listen to it to discover the liberating answer to my puzzling question.
You’ll gain another powerful resource to create and live your own life by design.
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
High Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Become That Way by Brendon Burchard. (FREE COPY)
YOUR LIFE SHIFT
What do the words, you life shift, mean? In this podcast episode they mean the decisions and actions that will take you from where you are now to where you want to be in your life.
Of course, none of this applies to you if you are exactly where you want to be. In that case, listen to a different podcast.
The truth is that we are living in an age of tumultuous change, uncertainty, and confusion. In this environment, many people globally are actively seeking a better way to live. If you are one of them, today’s podcast is for you.
Our guest is John Hinkle, a man who made a major shift in his own life when the foundation for his success in the corporate world began to fall apart. John did some deep soul searching, created his own new path to success, then reinvented himself as a coach and mentor who helps others transform their lives and identities. He also wrote an inspiring book on the subject called, SHIFT: Moving From Where You Are to the Life You Want.
Here are some of the inspiring highlights John’s story:
- What it means to be a “someday person”
- What life feels like in the corporate spin zone
- Why the majority of people are not financially prepared to retire
- The 3 things that compelled John to shift
- The danger of making excuses for staying stuck
- The power of making a firm decision
- Learning to begin with the end in mind
- Choosing your own board of directors
- The proven 5 Shift Principles
BOOKS IN THIS PODCAST
The Holy Bible
SHIFT: Moving From Where You Are to the Life You Want by John Hinkle & Russell Lake
The Magician’s Way: What It Really Takes to Find Your Treasure by William Whitecloud
Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World by Peter H. Diamandis & Stephen Kotler
The Power of Moments: Why Certain Experiences Have Extraordinary Impact by Chip Heath & Dan Heath
JOHNS FAVORITE QUOTE
“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do.” – Amelia Earhart
www.ShiftPrinciples.com/Change – FREE GIFT for You